- This event has passed.
HMS Glow Run
January 17 - January 29
The PTO is excited to hold its first HMS-only fundraiser called Glow Run! Glow Run works like a fun run. Students receive pledges for the laps they do around the gym. They can walk, run, dance, or skip their laps around a glowing track, under a disco ball, while listening to music played by the extremely energetic DJ! The highly stimulating environment of the Glow Run might not work well for all students. We will provide a quieter Glow Run setting at the end of the day for students who prefer that option. All students will join in the fun of the Glow Run whether they have pledges or not. This kind of fundraiser helps to build community around a common cause and allows our students to move and play, which is a ton of fun for them! While our goal is to raise funds to provide enrichment, the Glow Run is also about students and families working together to support the school.
Why a fundraiser? In past years, HMS held fundraisers like the Sunrise Guide to support some of their students’ enrichment opportunities. This year, the PTO is offering assistance with this task.
What’s so great about THIS fundraiser? Instead of earning individual prizes, students can earn playground equipment for their grade level, which will be enjoyed by students 5th through 8th grade (this includes mega balls, comet balls, fling rings, super spike sets, etc.). Boosterthon, the company that runs Glow Run, donates a portion of its funds to charity. It has donated $100,000 to Children’s Miracle Network and is hoping to match that number this year.
What to do?
- Be on the lookout for paper-based directions coming home with your student this week. We will provide VERY clear and simple directions. Pledges can be made online or on a paper-based form and can be a certain amount per lap or a flat amount regardless of laps completed.
- Ask your students to wear their Glow Run t-shirts on Wednesday, January 29. These shirts are a gift from the Glow Run company, Boosterthon, at no charge to us.
- Encourage your student to participate in grade-wide incentives such as silly sock day, extra choice time, extra movement time, etc.
- The day of the event, you are more than welcome to come cheer your student on. If you’re unable to, you can check out the action on HMS’s social media to see videos and photos.
When? The event kicks off this Friday, January 17. Pledges are gathered by students until the day of the Glow Run on Wednesday, January 29.
GLOW RUN SCHEDULE (January 29th):
7th graders: 8:55-9:40
5th graders: 10:20-11:10
6th graders: 1:10-2:00
2:10-2:40: quieter version for students with sensory needs
10 more seconds of your time? A huge thanks to our sponsors: McVety’s Hearth and Home, Ron Brown Plumbing, Estabrook’s, People’s United Bank, and Clayton’s Café and Bakery.
Questions? Send an email to Christy Hayashida and Jessica Raimy at email@example.com. We check it every day. Thank you, parents and guardians, for your time and support!
Instructions for Parents:
- Create your account.
- Go to funrun.com and click Sign Up.
- Click I’m a Parent/Guardian.
- Click on your preferred account to sign up.
- Enter your information and click Create Account.
- Type in Harrison until the school name appears. Click the school name.
- Enter student’s name and grade, agree to the terms,
and click Add Student.
- Make a pledge.
- Click Enter Pledge.
- Select Give Per Lap or Flat Donation and click Next Step.
- Enter sponsor’s info and click Next.
- Click Submit Pledge.
- Share pledge link.
- To collect pledges from additional people, click on Share Pledge Link on your child’s home page/ dashboard and follow the prompts.
- Look for pledge booklets to come home with your student by Friday, Jan 17.
- Fill out the booklet and send it and cash/check with your student to give to his or her teacher/advisor. Checks payable to Yarmouth PTO. Cash/checks are due one week after the event – by Feb 5.